Achieve project success with effective change management
Many projects within organisations fail due to the insufficient adoption of new systems and associated changes to how things need to be done going forward.
This is often as a result of insufficient change management interventions.
Whilst a great deal of time is spent on project planning and monitoring of project execution activities, change management initiatives are mostly neglected.
Change management initiatives need to be carefully planned. They do not happen by chance. Such initiatives need to map to phases of the overall project plan and should be managed as formally as the project execution activities.
12 Success Factors Relating to Project Change Management
In order to positively influence people’s attitudes and resulting behaviour, the following are important:
- Management needs to be seen to support the new initiatives.
- People must be able to see real day to day benefits for themselves.
- Projects need to be planned and executed minimising the impact on people’s daily lives.
- Identify and involve the users most impacted by the change and allow sufficient opportunity for them to provide input.
- Show how user input has been incorporated into the system and demonstrate how this is making a difference.
- Clear and effective communication needs to take place throughout the project lifecycle.
- Quality of training is a key success factor.
- A team approach is important.
- Management needs to encourage, enable, empower and reward people and remove obstacles along the way.
- A supportive workplace culture is necessary.
- Strong leadership needs to be provided.
- Ongoing post-project phase support needs to be structured properly and work effectively.
If most of the above are planned and executed successfully, the adoption of new systems and solutions and the overall success rate of projects will increase significantly.
Explore the advantages of electronic permit to work (e-PTW) systems over paper methods, from faster investigations to specific hazard management. Learn how e-PTW enhances safety, prevents redundant isolations, and ensures accountability. Discover future trends like 3D modeling. IntelliPERMIT automates tasks, improves communication, and reduces costs, making workplaces safer and more efficient.
IntelliPERMIT transforms permit management with streamlined processes, competency-based approvals, and real-time visibility. Ensure regulatory compliance, enhance worker safety, and boost operational efficiency. The system offers seamless integration, empowering organisations to proactively mitigate safety risks.
Safety Software Implementation Success : An Exclusive Q&A with IntelliPERMIT Consultant Henry Boshoff
Unlock safety software success with IntelliPERMIT: Prioritise key features, secure user buy-in through change management, and foster collaboration. Set measurable goals, leverage incident data for proactive decisions, and ensure intuitive search capabilities. Streamline report generation and simplify scheduling and management of training, drills, toolbox talks, and audits. Overcome adoption challenges by addressing pain points and customizing the software. Enhance user adoption with automation and user-friendly interfaces. Evaluate safety software providers based on knowledge, experience, and adherence to standards—IntelliPERMIT excels. Easily integrate with existing systems through standard APIs. Opt for web-based software for accessibility and usability. IntelliPERMIT enhances safety practices and compliance.